Thursday, September 13, 2007

Video Equipment

This was one area that I was pretty clueless in. I first began researching projectors, and was told by one person that I would need to spend at least $3000 on one. That was $2000 more than I had first estimated. I ended up buying a Dell 2400mp projector for $1000.00. That included a three year warranty. It's a 3000 lumen projector, and I've been very happy with it thus far. I purchased it here.

After spending ten to fifteen hours on a projector, I thought I would just order a screen and be done with it. After going to this site, I quickly learned that you can spend anywhere between $100 and $5000 for a projector screen. That site alone has almost 10,000 screens to choose from. Needless to say, I was a little overwhelmed.

I ended up going with a local company after not having much luck with the customer service at the above site. I stumbled onto Bluff City Electronics after doing a google search (Praise God for google, right). They were extremely helpful, and I ended up purchasing a Da-Lite tripod projector and case for a little over $200. After getting a 50-ft VGA cable, my video purchasing was complete at under $1300.00, which, by the way was just a little more than if I had purchased the projector from Dell.

No comments: